We are pleased to announce that we are having our first conflab on Thursday, 1 March 2018 at the Royal Exchange Theatre in Manchester. This event will provide an opportunity to learn about and discuss data protection and the GDPR. With the GDPR coming into force on 25 May 2018, the event is timed to provide as much practical help as possible to prepare.
We will be discussing how your fundraising teams, development departments, and senior management can:
- Review their current procedures and meet ICO audit requirements;
- Manage sensitive personal data from philanthropic supporters;
- Communication the new obligations to patrons, audiences, and suppliers; and
- Work with your marketing and digital teams to ensure that good practice is embedded throughout your organisation.
What will the event include?
The conflab will be a whole day event and will include:
- Discussions about the latest guidance from the UK’s Regulator for Data Protection (the Information Commissioner’s Office).
- Engaging speakers, including counterculture colleagues and special guests who will share their knowledge and expertise about Data Protection.
- An approach tailored for people working in the arts, creative, or heritage sectors.
- Tips on how best to put the new regulations into practice.
- An opportunity to submit your questions and comments before the event so that we can customise the day’s content to our audience’s needs.
- A pack of useful information you can continue to use as a resource once the conflab has ended.
Overall, this will be an informal, relaxed day, with tons of useful information, and absolutely no dull PowerPoint presentations!
How do I register?
Registration will be open from Monday, 8 January 2018 on Eventbrite for full day passes (including lunch). We have designed the day so that you can attend as much (or as little) as suits you and your organisation. For those who want to customise their approach to the day, we will be opening up registration for individual sessions at a later date.
If you have any questions about the event, or would like to know more about data protections and the GDPR but cannot attend the event, please contact us. We are always happy to help!